The Results are In:
Congrats! Our students have completed 6 weeks of intensive computer basics, resume preparation, and interview skills, and have now entered the workforce in their 8 week paid internships!
Curious where they were placed?
* Paid internship in a Warehouse/Office handling the distribution and sale of healthcare products
* Paid internship in a property management company
* Paid internship at a major non-profit assisting private educational institutions access allocated government funding
* Employment with a cash advance company
* Paid internship with a major home furnishings manufacturer and distributor
We still have a couple more placements to be confirmed by next week. Stay tuned!
Continue to follow us on social media and on our website to watch this group of students throughout their 8 week paid internships and on their journeys to full-time employment.
During the internship we are in touch with the students and employers weekly, and more frequently in the first weeks as our interns get settled into their job tasks and training regiments. Many of these internships will lead to full-time employment within the company, for those that don’t we will begin job placement assistance at the completion of the internship.
For more about us - Crown Heights Career Hub is a unique program that offers young men a 3 pronged approach:
* Job Skills classes - computer programs and resume/job assistance
* Paid internship - getting your foot in the door at a company where we pay you to gain experience
* Job placement - we place you in a job with upward growth potential
The program is supported by the Jewish Community Council of Greater Coney Island, Jewish Community Council of Crown Heights, the UJA, and an anonymous donor. It boasts a ten member advisory committee made up of Crown Heights business leaders and Jewish entrepreneurs. It is staffed by workforce development professionals with over 30 years experience, and features classroom instructors with advanced degrees and over 25 years of teaching experience. We are located in the heart of Crown Heights in a brand new facility with modern construction and renovations.
We are open again for enrollment for our next group of students!! Can you believe how fast this year progressed?!
Spots are limited, register today on our website www.chcareerhub.org click “Apply Now” to get a spot in the upcoming group beginning mid-January.
For any questions please contact us via email email@example.com or 718-449-5000 ext 2349.